Information For Tenants
1. What property am I looking for?
Before searching for your “dream home”, Lexingtons are here to assist you in your property search with expert advice on property rental values, types of properties, information about various localities and any further queries that will help with your property search.
2. Registering details:
You can register your details:
- Over the telephone on 020 7435 7775
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Through our website, simply by clicking the register button, under the “Renting” tab
- Through various property portals (i.e. Zoopla, Primelocation etc. )
- In person, by visiting our office at 35 Belsize Lane, NW3 5AS
3. Searching for the ideal property/viewings:
We will match your requirements with specific properties on our database that meet your search criteria and arrange viewings at a mutually convenient time.
Lexingtons is a part of a network of agents that work together with a common goal of finding you the right property.
Where possible, we will also email you information about properties that are not always visible on our “Property Search” register.
Lexingtons understands that your time is very valuable and therefore, where possible, we will arrange for you to simultaneously see a number of properties that meet your search criteria.
Our aim is to accompany all viewings, so that we can understand your requirements better and communicate your feedback to the landlord.
4. Ideal property found/Putting an offer
Having found the ideal property, we will ask you to submit your offer in writing.
Any offer should include details of:
- Your proposed rental figure
- Your moving in date
- Duration of your tenancy
- Your occupation
- Your proposed frequency of rental payments
- Any changes that you require within the property
- How many people will be residing in the property
Any other relevant information:
- You can download our offer form, by logging in here.
- Having received your formal offer, we will communicate the details of your offer to the landlord for review
- Upon acceptance of your offer, in line to reserve the property, you will be required to complete our “accommodation booking form” and proceed to reference checking
- Information on the details of what references are required, can be found on our “accommodation booking form”
- You can download our accommodation booking form, by logging in here
5. Tenancy agreement:
Upon completion of successful reference checking, you will be required to sign your tenancy agreement, based on the mutually agreed terms of your offer. For your tenancy to be binding, your landlord will also counter sign, your tenancy agreement.
You can download our sample tenancy agreement, by logging in here.
6. Moving in:
Upon commencement of your tenancy, we will ensure that a recent inventory, that outlines the condition of the property and its furnishings, is in place, before we handover the keys to your property. We will also take meter readings and inform the utility companies of the new tenancy.
7. Tenants fees:
Administration fees: £250 + VAT
Inventory fees: dependent on the size and furnishings of the property
Deposit registration fee: £25 + VAT
Renewal of tenancy fee: free of charge
Application for references at the end of your tenancy: £25 + VAT per reference
Registration of your details with utility companies: free of charge
*Additional fees may apply